In October 2014, the Heat Island Group will be hosting the 3rd International Conference on Countermeasures to Urban Heat Islands (IC2UHI). The conference will be held in Venice, Italy from October 13-15, 2014 with the support of our colleagues at Università degli studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia.
The Conference will be devoted to the science, engineering and public policies of reducing and relieving excess heat and air pollution in urban environments.
countermeasures to UHI and microclimate mitigation including:
• Cool materials development & characteristics
• Urban vegetation and greenery
• Measurement techniques and standards
• Policies, rating and labeling programs
• Remote sensing of cities and urban climates
• Outdoor comfort and health in the urban environment
• Analysis of UHI and its effects across scales
• Modeling and forecasting urban climate and weather
• Impact of UHI on the urban economy
• Resilient design of buildings in response to changing climates
After the conference, selected articles will undergo a peer-review process for publication in a highly esteemed journal. A book covering many topics will also be published to give wide exposure to the conference work.
• December 15, 2013: Opening of abstract submissions and conference registration
• January 31, 2014: Deadline for submission of abstracts
• February 28, 2014: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
• April 15, 2014: Full paper submission deadline
• July 15, 2014: Final paper submission deadline
• October 13-15, 2014: Conference meets in Venice
For further information visit the conference website www.ic2uhi.unimore.it or contact firstname.lastname@example.org